Pre-employment Support Program (PEP)
Supporting jobseekers to achieve their employment goals
About the Pre-employment Support Program (PEP)
Under the revitalised Back to Work program, eligible jobseekers can receive support from Jobseeker Officers to understand their individual career goals, employment pathways and develop a plan for the future.
Whether you are just starting your career or thinking about a career change, your career choice is one of the most important decisions you will make.
Through PEP you will have one-on-one support from a Back to Work Jobseeker Officer, based in your region, who works with you to determine and achieve your employment goals.
PEP is available to jobseekers who belong to one or more of the following groups:
- Young people (aged 15-24 years)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People with disability and
- Long term unemployed people (unemployed for 52 weeks or longer).
Available support under PEP
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers can provide you with support in:
- Personal goal setting
- Resume writing, interview skills and online profile assistance
- Understanding how to navigate the local job market
- Harrison Career Assessment Tool which provides an in-depth analysis of an individual’s interests, task preferences, strengths, potential de-railers and work environment preferences to guide jobseekers towards a career that suits their strengths.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers work with jobseekers or those at risk of losing their jobs to:
- Help jobseekers determine their individual skills, as well as services and support that may be of assistance
- Provide independent advice on career and training opportunities
- Get career and training advice that is linked to jobs in the region
Contact a Jobseeker Officer about PEP
If you would like to speak with a Jobseeker Officer in your area to talk about your options, complete the online application form and a Jobseeker Officer will be in touch to discuss your individualised options.
To see who your local Jobseeker Officer is, please see the Contact Us page.