You may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost, assisting unemployed jobseekers or those at risk of unemployment to link with training opportunities to help with finding a job or stay in employment.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, jobseekers must:
- Live in Queensland
- Participate in training aligned to local employment opportunities and
- must not be eligible for subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee
Participants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Be unemployed and need new skills to obtain a job or
- Be at risk of losing their job and require reskilling to move to alternative employment opportunities or
- Be working, but looking to increase hours of work or shift from part-time to full-time employment.
If a person is eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
The qualification must be listed on the Priority Skills List
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers will assess a jobseeker’s existing qualifications, potential training needs and refer individuals to a subsidised training opportunity. If the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost is not the right opportunity then other options can be explored.
Please complete the online application form. Your local Jobseeker Officer or Youth Jobseeker Officer will be in touch after the application has been received.